Вот некоторым выпадает шанс выйти замуж за миллионера, а они ломаются.
Обожаю этот момент, но некоторые варианты перевода немного уродуют красоту этого диалога, построенного из самых простых фраз.
- I called Mama. She was so happy she cried! She wants you to have her wedding gown. It's white lace.
- Yeah, Osgood. I can't get married in your mother's dress. Ha ha. That-she and I, we are not built the same way.
- We can have it altered.
- Oh no you don't! Osgood, I'm gonna level with you. We can't get married at all.
- Why not?
- Well, in the first place, I'm not a natural blonde.
- Doesn't matter.
- I smoke! I smoke all the time!
- I don't care.
- Well, I have a terrible past. For three years now, I've been living with a saxophone player.
- I forgive you.
- I can never have children!
- We can adopt some.
- But you don't understand, Osgood! Uhhh, I'm a man!
- Well, nobody's perfect!